Directional Version Log¶
Version 2.0 Changes¶
- Paradigm shift of the entire library to work with polymoprhic discrete tangent bundles. All algorithms (if possible) converted to work with this paradigm directly.
Version 1.8.0 Changes¶
- Extension of the PolyVector and power field implementation to include soft and hard partial alignment, and rotational symmetry objectives.
Version 1.7.0 Changes¶
- Major overhaul of the viewer, where most operation are encapsulated in a new
DIrectionalViewerclass, allowing properties such as isolines, vertex, face, and edge data to be associated with a mesh. User does not (need to) directly control shapes and colors, but rather only provide the geometric quantities.
- Many changes in the actual visualizations - thin arrows for glyphs, edge bars for seams and N-function isolines, and nicer spheres for singularities.
- Several bug fixes.
Version 1.6.0 Changes¶
- The seamless parameterization package was entirely replaced with a seamless integration and meshing package.
- Several bug fixes.
Version 1.5.0 Changes¶
The major changes are:
- Change in name from “libdirectional” to “Directional”.
- Full compatibility to the libigl 2.0 release, including similar website build and tutorial cmake paradigms.
- Introducing seamless parameterization.
- Rendering the different component of field visualization (mesh, field, streamlines, glyphs, singularities) as separate meshes, to facilitate coding. As a result, the “appending” options of
directional::line_cylinders()etc. were removed.
- Visualization was canonicalized using
directional\visualization_schemes.hfor a more homogeneous look.
- The tutorial portions imported from libigl (Conjugate fields, curl reduction, streamline tracing) are now fully compatible with Directional representation and data structures.
- Combing is now dependent on a given matching, and therefore there is no separate
- Functionality was renamed to better reflect its general application and target, rather then the name assigned by the relevant papers.
|Former Name||New Name|
|Integrable PolyVectors||PolyCurl Reduction|
|Trivial Connection||Index prescription|
|Globally Optimal||Power FIelds|
Version 1.0 Changes¶
Alpha version of Directional (then called “libdirectional”). Introducing the following functionality:
- Glyph Drawing with singularities.
- Trivial connection.
- Globally optimal fields.
- Polyvectors + integrable polyvectors.
- Principal matching and combing.